got rid of old shit
- deleted a bunch of “Picture n” files
- deleted old installers
- got rid of partial downloads
Made it look different
- redid the apps, pictures, movies, hard drive icons
- sorted through the “random” desktops and took out one I didn’t like
next take care of head
- played 16 games and then deleted 14
learned some new stuff
- learned how to make Quartz Composer do things!
- played with Art Directors Tool Kit… kinda cool.
- made new rules for mail
- played with smart folders
- goofed with Automator
- Deleted Norton Utilize for the final time.
- took out fonts I wasn’t using
- tried of consolidate date clutter files which had all kinds of writing and projects in them
- finally, after 4 years of OS X I moved entirely to a “user” based way of doing files
- meaning no files in a directory “out side” of the users domain.
- moved all .torrent files to a .torrent folder (pending deleting)
- found all duplicate songs and deleted them
- almost all music is now being managed by iTunes
- made a project folder in which all files go now
once and for all I’m going to try to not use the old Desktop metaphor
really need to find a way to delay find¬†
crontab how to get rid of norton startup apps – evil they put them in cron!